If you hear as music is playing in the intro video, but the screen is completely grey or black and right after you press Esc instead of normal menu you can see green/blue/olive squares than most likely you encounter an issue with process which is trying to overlay their interface over LiF.
The idea is that issue can be resolved by terminated offending process/application.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete
- Select Task Manager
- Find one of the processes confirmed below
- Terminate process (example only)
Here are couple examples of such programs reported earlier by players
- Confirmed. ss2svc32.exe - 32bit service executable for the Republic of Gamers (ROG) Sonic Studio II
- Confirmed. nahimicmsisvc32.exe - additional software from MSI with GUI https://www.reasoncoresecurity.com/nahimicmsisvc32.exe-cfebff23b8da0fd63b163e3f570e77dc8da75a36.asp
- Justified. Nvidia experience
- Draft. gameoverlayui.exe - application from Steam, but it can interfere with game interface
- Draft. Fraps
- Draft. AMD Evolved
As an alternative, you can drop a screenshot from your task manager with all processes running to email@example.com. Maybe We'll be able to identify a potential candidate.